A Social Development Program
Dates: Tuesdays from November 7, 2023-Tuesday, January 9
Ages: 8-13 years old
Cost: $400 per child
Requirement: Interview with Director of Behavioral Health, Precious George to determine appropriateness for the group.
The Afterschool LEGO Club is a social engagement and communication skills group for children living with autism spectrum disorder. Based on the shared enjoyment of LEGO building, group members are provided an opportunity to experience connectedness. Through structured engagement with peers, group members are coached to practice and further develop the following pro-social skills;
- Following Rules/Directions
- Eye Contact
- Joint Attention
- Collaborative Work
- Division of Labor
- Attending to Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication
- Problem Solving/Conflict Resolution
- Expressing Interest/Disagreement in Others’ Points of Views
- Providing Feedback/Accepting Criticism
Contact Precious George at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-393-0425 ext. 180 to determine if this club is right for your child.