Winners collect prizesfrom Schreiber’s 2015 Rubber Duckie RaceSeptember 13, 2015
The recent rain left the Conestoga River swollen and swift, which led county park officials to cancel the scheduled duck drop out of safety concerns.
Still, the day was packed full of fun, as children and family members of all ages enjoyed carnival games, pony rides, inflatables, face painting, bingo, food vendors, arts and crafts and music, with all proceeds supporting Schreiber’s therapy services and programs.
To identify this year’s prize winners, Schreiber’s four 2015 Ambassadors – Emily Graver, Alexander Johanning, Sienna Matthews and Anthony Melendez – randomly selected tickets from a bin, and WGAL’s Joe Calhoun emceed the proceedings and read the list of prize winners.
Finishing in the top 10 and taking home prizes from the yellow duck race:
The Top Prize, a $1,000 Visa Gift Card, donated by Susquehanna Bank PA: Lena Lapp, Gap
2. Pampered Mom Package: Andy Wise, Hummelstown
3. Birthday Party Package: Mark Messner
4. Fine Dining Package: Rebecca Reich, Mountville
5. Family Fun Package: Keirsten Galler, Lancaster
6. Handmade wooden toy gift basket: Jenna Morrison, Lincoln University
7. Family Dining Package: Perry Chambers, Conestoga
8. Local Fun for 2 Package: Hal and Jean Buch
9. Collectible Boyds Bear Package: Aidan Jurgill, Columbia
10. Sports Package: Tamara Gouger, Lancaster
A new race-within-the-race of this year’s event introduced the blue racing ducks. Ten more lucky duckies took home a second set of special prizes from the blue duck race:
The Grand Prize, a Weber gas grill: Susan Hottenstein, Ronks
2. 43-inch flatscreen TV: Joe and Christie Legenstein, Lancaster
3. David Yurman bracelet: Patrick Cook, Lancaster
4. Park City Mall gift card: Anita Barr, Lititz
5. Wine lovers gift basket: Geri Colosi, Lititz
6. Children’s bicycle: Scot Fertich
7. Rockvale Outlets gift card: Mary Kay Rowe, Lancaster
8. Primitives by Kathy gift basket: Kathy Kelso, Lancaster
9. Dutch Wonderland prize package: Rich and Nancy Price
10. Lottery ticket tree: Terry O’Connor, Millersville
This year’s event was title sponsored by Aetna, Donegal Insurance Group and Susquehanna Bank. Other top sponsors include Lancaster Toyota, Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School, On-Line Publishers Inc., Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Environmental Recovery Corp., Clipper Magazine, Re-Bath, High Companies, Homestead Village, WITF, Murray Securus, Bot Roda, Brenneman Printing, Trump Tschudy Design, Fun 101.3, Hall Media Solutions, WJTL, ESPN Radio 92.7 and WGAL.
A special thanks to Lancaster County Parks and Recreation for hosting the event at County Park.
All proceeds from the annual Rubber Duckie Raceâ„¢ & Festival benefit the therapy services and programs of the Schreiber Pediatric -— a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that provides physical, occupational and speech-language therapies, as well as educational and recreational programs for thousands of children in Central PA living with congenital and acquired disabilities and developmental delays. Our goal-oriented approach maximizes each child’s ability to function as independently as possible within the community and turn disabilities into abilities. For more information, please visit www.schreiberpediatric.org.