Social Sense-abilities will be run by a highly-trained team of speech-language pathologists and a social worker who work full-time on the Center’s staff. Each class is 1-hour and requires parent participation.
Key lessons will include:
- initiating conversation/small talk
- importance of nonverbal communication
- problem solving and negotiating
- learning how your behavior affects others
- group dynamics and how to ‘fit in’
- thinking flexibly
- understanding social rules
The program will run for 8 weeks. The fee is $575 per child (5% discount if paid in full prior to the start of the program; quarterly payment plans available) and includes all course materials.
Schreiber Pediatric Rehab Center is a nationally recognized non-profit organization that provides physical, occupational and speech-language therapies, as well as educational and recreational programs thousands of children in Central PA living with congenital and acquired disabilities and developmental delays.