Schreiber Pediatric Rehab Center held its second DuckiePalooza Weekend Sept. 10-11, and the events combined raised more than $140,000.
The 28th Annual Rubber Duckie Race & Festival at Lancaster County Central Park generated the biggest piece of the total, with donations through duckie ticket sales, sponsorships and festival sales amounting to more than $120,000. Several thousand spectators strolled among the festival’s more than two dozen craft and merchandise vendors while enjoying food, games, inflatables, face painters, pony rides and music from FM97.
The race included more than 15,000 yellow rubber duckies and another 500 blue duckies, all dropped into the Conestoga River and each racing for a chance to win prizes for a few lucky ticketholders. WGAL’s Mike Straub and Fun 101.3’s Ronnie Ramone served as emcees for the event.
Finishing in the top 10 and taking home prizes from the yellow duck race:
First prize, $1,000 Visa Gift Card, donated by BB&T Bank: Colleen Maybee
2. Pampered Mom Package: Steve Kepchar
3. Birthday Party Package: Janet Stuff
4. Fine Dining Package: Brenda Davis
5. Family Fun Package: William Harper
6. Handmade wooden toy gift basket: Leslie Schmidt
7. Family Dining Package: Sandy Sheak
8. Local Fun for 2 Package: Trudi Doubleday
9. Collectible Boyds Bear Package: Amy Graver
10. Sports Package: Joy Shorts
Ten more lucky duckies took home a second set of special prizes from the blue duck race:
First prize, a new Weber gas grill: Betsy Bishoff
2. 39-inch flat screen TV: Ansten Hottenstein
3. Alex and Ani bracelet Package: Reed Rodman
4. Entertainment Gift Basket: Andi Riefenstahl
5. Wine lovers gift basket: Chris Heisey
6. Picnic Cooler Combo: David Hartman
7. Tanger Outlets $50 gift card: Nate Gajecki
8. Primitives by Kathy gift basket: Mary Latshaw
9. Scrapbooking prize package: Brenda Gaitersokso
10. Lottery ticket tree: Dale Walker
The title sponsors for this year’s Duckie Race were Aetna and Donegal Insurance. Other top sponsors include BB&T Bank, Lancaster Toyota, Listrak, Murray Securus, Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Environmental Recovery Corp., Clipper Magazine, Re-Bath, High Companies, WITF, LNP Media Group Inc., Penn Cinema, Bot Roda, Brenneman Printing, Trump Tschudy Design, FM97, Fun 101.3, Hall Media Solutions and WGAL.
A special thanks goes to Lancaster County Parks and Recreation for again hosting the event at County Park.
On the Saturday night before the Duckie Race, Schreiber held its sixth Schreiberpalooza Music Fest. This year’s event moved to a new location, Clair Brothers facility in Manheim, attracted nearly 700 guests, a record for the event, and raised more than $30,000, also a new high. Donegal Insurance led the list of event sponsors, which also included Versatek, Bazella Dombrowski & Co CPAs, M&T Bank, Mojo Barriers, Pinnacle Health and Brereton Manor.
Proceeds from the annual Rubber Duckie Raceâ„¢ & Festival and Schreiberpalooza benefit the therapy services and programs of the Schreiber Pediatric -— a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that provides physical, occupational and speech-language therapies, as well as educational and recreational programs for thousands of children in Central PA living with congenital and acquired disabilities and developmental delays. Our goal-oriented approach maximizes each child’s ability to function as independently as possible within the community and turn disabilities into abilities. For more information, please visit www.schreiberpediatric.org.