Therapy department aid
FULL-TIME POSITION (35-40 hours per week): Performs essential duties to ensure the smooth daily operation of the departments under the direction of the Physical Therapy Department Head and/or assigned physical therapist or occupational therapist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assists therapists in providing and ensuring high quality services, i.e. courteously entertains clients, assisting with splinting and equipment adaptations, ensuring the safety of the clients, etc.
- Assists with scheduling and records client attendance for all staff within the department.
- Monitors safety of equipment and maintains inspection records of equipment, calls appropriate company for inspection and/or repair of equipment.
- Monitors and informs Therapy Department Head of all equipment loans, i.e. equipment donated to departments, parents, clients, etc.
- Assists with maintaining an orderly, clean environment in the department utilizing appropriate infection control procedures.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies, under direction of the Therapy Department Head.
- Attends and participates in department and staff meetings and in-services.
- Keeps current and adheres to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Coordination of volunteers assigned to the department.
- Consistently works in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow coworkers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Physical Therapy Department Head.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises no employees.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent. Specific on-the-job training including basics of physical therapy practice, medical terminology, legal guidelines, infection control, etc.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, and write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to parents, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to make independent and good judgement decisions within proper policy and procedure.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: No certificate or license required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be skilled in the use of splinting tools, heat pan, therapy equipment, ambulatory aides, wheelchairs, assistive communication devices and adaptive equipment for self care. Consistently demonstrates ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible and professional manner in order to meet current needs. Ability to work in high client contact area.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy.
Child care teacher at Circle of Friends
FULL-TIME POSITION: Accompany parents and children through the many developmental milestones and moments of discovery that occur in the first years of life, from first steps to first friendships, developing confidence from your patient and enthusiastic nature. Teacher maintains a healthy and safe environment per DHS and Keystone STARS regulations. Communicates positively with infants, toddlers, parents and staff.
Applicants are required to have:
- CDA, Associates or BA in Early Childhood Education or related field
- 2 years prior experience (Early Childhood)
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Circle of Friends Academy provides:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional Professional Development
- Supportive Team Environment
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time Off
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
Thank you for your interest in the Schreiber Center!