Behavioral Health Therapist
The Outpatient Mental Health/Behavioral Health Therapist will be responsible for providing clinical therapy services to a wide range of diagnosis to children ages 3-20 and their families.
Supervisor: Director of Behavioral Health Services
Supervises: N/A, support interns as needed
Work Environment: Office environment with possibly home environment for telehealth
Work Hours: Full time 40 hours a week with a minimum of 2 nights a week until 7:00 PM
Classification: Salaried, exempt
Education: At minimum a Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field and a professional license (LPC, LCSW, LMFT) valid in the state of Pennsylvania
Experience: Two or more years of experience with children ages 3-20, family therapy, play therapy, trauma informed care, group therapy, and a wide variety of behavioral health diagnosis preferred
- Contributes to Schreiber Center for Pediatric Development’s mission, vision, and program philosophies by way of work produce and professional behavior with both internal and external consumers
- Adheres to the requirement and regulations as set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of State Health Services, Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, and Pennsylvania State Board of Examiners based on clinical licensure
- Adheres to all current federal and state laws, as well as Schreiber’s Polices and procedures, including the safeguarding of confidential health care information and compliance with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Maintains professional licensure as a mental health provider in good standing based on licensing requirements including Continuing Education as relevant to the job
- Maintains all training requirements for licensure and for Schreiber
- Attends staff/agency meetings as required
- Makes recommendations for Program development and improvements
- Maintains compliance with Schreiber’s Policies and Procedures
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Provide mental health/behavioral health/play therapy to clients within the scope of training/experience/licensure
- Respond to crises as necessary and make recommendations to keep the client safe
- Reports immediately any suspected incidents of child abuse or neglect to the Behavioral Health Director, appropriate individuals within Schreiber, and the Child Abuse Hotline
- Establishes relationships and communicates with clients, their family members, caseworkers, and other Behavioral Health Services to collaborate and advocate for the services needed
- Identifies and seeks resolution for potential problems arising with all involved parties
- Completes Intake Assessments, ensures all paperwork is completed and signed by the parent/client/responsible person, ensures all paperwork is up to date, completes daily treatment notes after every session, completes treatment plans with measurable goals, coordinates with other professionals regarding treatment, submits billing, collect co-payments per the client’s insurance, completes discharge summaries, and completes all documentation for caseload of 30-35 clients within 48 hours of the session
- Attend court hearing when necessary and subpoenaed by the court
- Adhere to legal and ethical guidelines of the profession as well as adhere to documentation and billing requirements of insurance companies
- Adhere to Telehealth regulations
- Collaborate with other departments within the Center regarding behavioral health services
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong clinical skills and knowledge of the treatment issues concerning children, adolescents and families and a variety of DSM diagnosis
- Experience with foster and/or adoptive children and families preferred
- Ability to support the Center’s culture, growth, and success through communication, accountability, and positivity
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively individually and as a team
- Ability to appropriately accept feedback and display the willingness to learn, grow, and improve
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel, the Internet and other software applications including the ability to lean the Electronic Medical Records application
- Effective oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate self-motivated attitude and ability to perform responsibilities of position
- Up to date and cleared Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Criminal History Record Information
- Cleared drug screen
- Cleared to work physical
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, sitting on the floor, frequent sitting, standing and walking, may be required for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs, walking up inclines, and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and or moving up to 25 pounds.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to decide the essential functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists therapists in providing and ensuring high quality services, i.e. courteously entertains clients, assisting with splinting and equipment adaptations, ensuring the safety of the clients, etc.
- Assists with scheduling and records client attendance for all staff within the department.
- Monitors safety of equipment and maintains inspection records of equipment, calls appropriate company for inspection and/or repair of equipment.
- Monitors and informs Therapy Department Head of all equipment loans, i.e. equipment donated to departments, parents, clients, etc.
- Assists with maintaining an orderly, clean environment in the department utilizing appropriate infection control procedures.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies, under direction of the Therapy Department Head.
- Attends and participates in department and staff meetings and in-services.
- Keeps current and adheres to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Coordination of volunteers assigned to the department.
- Consistently works in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow coworkers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Physical Therapy Department Head.